Low-Volume or Small Batch PCB Assembly Service
JHYPCB is a professional low-volume or small batch PCB assembly manufacturer in China, Offers fast low volume prototype PCB SMT and DIP assembly, fastest delivery within 24 hours, and NO MOQ.
Low-volume or small-batch PCB assembly is your best solution for flexible assembly parts on a relatively small batch of bare PCB boards! A low-cost PCB prototype is essential if you are looking at a new launch. After all, you do not want a situation where you deal with errors after a high-volume or mass production run. Alternatively, you could be a small-batch PCB manufacturer who wants to produce small-batch PCBs quickly and affordably without sacrificing quality. These are some reasons you need a partner specializing in Small batch PCB assembly (Low volume PCB Assembly).
JHY is a leading China printed circuit board manufacturing and assembly manufacturer that offers you the facility of small batch PCB Assembly service, quick turn PCB prototypes, low volume PCB fabrication, and turnkey PCB assembly service that meets your custom requirements. Our advanced PCB manufacturing and assembly facilities in Shenzhen, China, are fully equipped with a perfect quality management system to provide you with high-quality and competitive-price PCB fabrication and assembly services. In addition, we also offer partial turn-key and consignment PCB assembly services with quick turnaround times.
Table of Content
- What is the Low Volume PCB Assembly Service?
- The Benefits of Low-volume PCB Assembly Service?
- DFM&DFT for Low-volume PCB Assembly Service
- Quick Turn PCB Assembly for Small Orders
- Turnkey Low-volume PCB Assembly Service
- Low-volume PCB Assembly Capability
- How to Get a Low-volume PCB Assembly Quote?
- Low-volume PCB Assembly Process Flow
- Low-volume PCB Assembly Technologies
- How to Choose the Low-volume PCB Assembly Manufacturer?
What is the Low Volume PCB Assembly?
Not all engineers and manufacturers require thousands or tens of thousands of PCBs for their projects. It depends on the requirement. They look for low-volume PCBs and PCBA. Fortunately, many assemblers provide low-volume PCB assembly at a low cost. By low volume, it means it is less than 5000 PCB assemblies. It can be 25, 50, or anywhere less than five thousand. Some manufacturers also offer no minimum order, which means you can get one assembly at a minimum.
Before we dive into what low-volume PCB assembly includes, it’s better to know what PCBA is. PCB assembly is a finished product that has all electronic components on it. It’s the final product that can be used in the project.
In low-volume PCB assembly, the complete assembly of PCB, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Testing (DFT) services are included. Moreover, some manufacturers also offer pre-production test boards in which they provide a few boards for testing. After the confirmation of the buyer, production is started. It saves time that could waste on amendments. The assembly of PCB begins with the fabrication of PCB. Then, the required components are purchased or provided by the buyer. The components are placed on the boards, and final testing is done.
Low-volume PCB Assembly Advantages
Low-volume PCB assembly is necessary for PCB prototyping to determine product viability before entering mass production. Low-volume PCB assembly is the flexible mounting of components on relatively low-volume bare PCB boards. The advantages of low-volume PCB assembly are:
- A new project, new product development, and verification – Low-volume PCB assembly is especially suitable for new projects under development, new products, startups with low budgets, etc. Minor batch PCB assembly can ensure enough room for trial and error before large batch PCB assembly.
- Low-cost – Low-cost PCB assembly means you don’t have to pay too much for upfront product testing. To maximize cost savings, you need to find a partner specializing in low-volume PCB assembly with an established supply chain that can source components in bulk at the best prices.
- PCBA test – Low-volume PCB assembly enables functional debugging and testing of prototype products before high-volume production.
- Optimized design – Low-volume PCB assembly enables modification of any PCB design flaws before high-volume production.
DFM & DFT For Low-volume PCB Assembly Service
The following services offerings allow us to meet low volume, small batch PCB assembly requirements:
Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
There can be delays and errors in the assembly if there is anything wrong with the information or documents provided by the buyer. For instance, if there is any problem with a component of BOM, suppose it’s not available, then it can create a hindrance. There can be many problems because most engineers and designers are not familiar with the assembly process and its requirements. Thus, to make everything perfect and avoid any delay, Design for Manufacturability is preferred.
In DFM, the experts review every document/file the buyer provides. They go through everything and analyze the files. If there is any problem, they get back to the buyer. They check Gerber files, Bill of Materials (BOM), circuit diagrams, and other things. DFM makes the process smooth; there won’t be any hindrance. It ensures no error and timely delivery of the PCBA. Therefore, it’s an important step.
Learn more about DFM:
Design for Testing (DFT)
Whether the PCB assembler has done everything up to the mark or not, testing is necessary. The board can have any problem, but if it has a perfect testing design, the errors and faults can be detected and rectified. It will help find the fault in less time and get the desired results. There can be a component failure, solder issue, or any other problem, but testing ensures everything is perfect. Thus, Design for Testing (DFT) is necessary.
The testing expert of the PCB assembler will guide you about the planning, types of testing methodologies, placement of test points, testing limitations, etc. It will be better for problem-solving and error detection.
For low-volume PCB assembly, you need to find a low-volume PCB manufacturer. JHYPCB is a professional electronic contract PCB fabrication and assembly manufacturer in China. We can offer a quick turn, turnkey, and lost cost low volume PCB prototype and assembly services. Small batches are usually defined as ordering less than 5,000 PCBA. We offer the fastest delivery within 24 hours and a minimum order of 1pcs; there is no minimum order requirement.
Use Small Batch PCB Assembly to Verify Your Project and Design
Before going for a large PCB assembly batch, it is important to make sure that the design is perfect. No matter how hard you try and how experienced you are, there are always chances of errors and faults. There can be any problem with the components, design, and results. Therefore, it’s better to go for a small batch and test the design and project requirements. Low volume PCB assembly is the best option to go with if you want to verify the design. You can order a few PCB assemblies and test everything on your end. After your satisfaction, you are ready to order PCB assembly in bulk.
Ordering a small batch PCB assembly can save you a lot of money. Errors can be identified and rectified at the right time. On the other hand, any error in a large batch can result in a huge loss. Moreover, it also wastes time. Thus, it’s necessary to get low volume PCB assembly.
Quick Turn PCB Assembly for Small Orders
You might need a quick-turn PCB prototype assembly for testing. Prototype PCB assembly can save you from errors in bulk production. Ordering a prototype is easy, and you can make changes in the next prototype. You can make sure that the PCBA is up to the mark.
Moreover, it’s important to get a quick-turn PCB prototype assembly so that you can get the board in less time. You can make changes and get the next prototype in a short time. This saves you time and money.
JHYPCB proudly offers a quick-turn PCB prototype assembly. We can provide it within 24 hours. So, you can make as many changes as you want and re-order the prototype. We will make sure to save your time and give you the fastest service possible. Even for small orders, we deliver the order in less time.
Turnkey Low-Volume PCB Assembly Service
Turnkey PCB assembly service is excellent if you want the assembly to be perfect and delivered at the right time. The best part is that you don’t need to do anything because everything is the responsibility of the contract manufacturer.
In a turnkey PCB assembly service, everything is done at the end of the contract manufacturer. The manufacturer purchases the components, fabricates the PCB, assembles the components, and checks for any faults and errors. It also includes the Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Testing (DFT) services. The contract manufacturer makes sure that everything is according to requirements. There are experts to monitor the process and steps involved from scratch to the final product. Thus, the buyer is free at his end.
JHYPCB offers full turnkey low volume PCB assembly service. We can handle everything from component procurement to the final testing of the PCBA. The low volume can be less than 5000, and there is no minimum order requirement.
Low-volume PCB Assembly Capability
JHY was born for Prototype PCB Manufacturing, Prototype PCB Assembly and Low Volume PCB Assembly. Our advanced manufacturing equipment, perfect quality management system, and experienced assembly workers ensure that you get products and services of the highest quality standards. We have excellent low-volume PCB assembly capabilities as follows:
|Assembly Types||Surface Mount Technology (SMT), Through-hole PCB assembly (THT/DIP), Mixed PCB assembly (SMT/THT), etc.|
|PCB Types||Single-layer PCB, Double-sided PCB, Multilayer PCB, Rigid PCB, Flexible PCB, Rigid-flex PCB|
|Solder Types||Reflow Soldering, Wave Soldering, Selective Soldering, Leaded or Leaded-free, RoHS compliant|
|Components Types||0201, Fine pitch components, leadless chip carriers, BGA, VFBGA, FPGA & DFN, Connectors|
|Testing||ICT(In-Circuit Test), FCT(Functional Test), Aging test|
|MOQ||No Minimum Order|
How to Get a Low-volume PCB Assembly Quote?
At JHYPCB, our customer representatives are always ready to assist you. You can provide us with the order details, and we will provide you with the low-cost PCB assembly quote. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Gerber files and BOM list. Our team will get back to you with a reasonable quote.
Complete data requirements for a proper quotation of a PCB Assembly job:
It’s important to provide the required and correct data to get a quotation for PCB assembly. Any alteration in the data can change the quote. So, make sure to provide each piece of information.
- Bill of Materials (BOM) – BOM is the most important file. It contains detailed information about the components required for the PCBA. It’s important for the quote. The BOM file should be in Microsoft Excel format. The contract manufacturer gathers the components according to BOM. So, it plays an important role in components sourcing and PCB assembly. It’s an organized way to tell the contract manufacturer about the required components. It should include Reference Designators, Quantity, Manufacturer Part Number, Description, Manufacturer’s Name, and Value. Reference Designators, Manufacturer Part Number, and Quantity are essential. It’s better to get a template from the contract manufacturer.
- Gerber Files – Gerber files are necessary to know about the PCB design. It is important for both PCB fabrication and PCB assembly. It’s the standard file that you need to provide to the contract manufacturer. The file contains different parameters, coordinates, and other information that is required to make the board. Moreover, there are different Gerber formats; make sure to know about the format that the contract manufacturer needs.
- Centroid Data – In PCB assembly, the components are placed in their places. For the correct placement, XY data is required, which tells the coordinates of the component. Such a file that contains this XY data is known as the centroid file. It’s important for the perfect placement of the components. It’s also necessary for making a quote.
- Assembly Drawings – This is not essential, but it can help to make sure everything is up to the mark. The drawing contains drill locations, hole chart, dimensions, board layer stack-up, component outlines, assembly notes, and a few other things.
- Testing Guide & Test Fixtures (If you have) – It’s better to provide the testing guide so that the contract manufacturer can test the assembly on its own. Otherwise, you will have to ship it back for changes. Describe the test information of your PCBA; it will save you time and money.
- Programming files & Programming tool (If necessary) – Programming files are important for PCBA. But they are not necessary. If the buyer can provide an IC programming file, it’s better; otherwise, most manufacturers can make it on their own.
Low-volume PCB Assembly Process Flow
PCB Assembly Online Quote
Sign the contract and pay
100% Automatic SMT by Machine
First Article Inspection System
100% AOI Inspection
DIP Automatic Selective Wave Soldering
Low-volume PCB Assembly Technologies
Use SMT , you can place components directly on the bare PCB board’s surface. It has been the primary method for now to improve the circuit board’s performance and quality.
You can mounting components in the holes drilled on the PCB board when using THT. Although THT is gradually replaced by SMT, THT still has its place.
Mixed technology PCB assembly combines the strengths and strengths of THT and SMT. That is why the companies start with SMT but do not hesitate to use through-hole mounting whenever necessary.
Our Main Production Equipment
JHYPCB is a powerful PCB assembly service provider; we have advanced PCB assembly equipment and PCB assembly lines to meet your SMT and DIP assembly customization.
We can handle single-sided and double-sided SMD assembly and multi-layer PCB assembly.
High-Speed Modular Patch Machine(Panasonic NPM-D3)
- Precision: 40um
- Speed: 84000cph
- Patched Component Size: 0201~6*6mm
- PCB: 50*50~510*590mm
Universal High Precision Patch Machine(Panasonic NPM-TT)
- Precision: 30um
- Speed: 25000cph
- Patched Component Size: 0402*6~32*32mm
- PCB: 50*50~510*590MM
High-Speed High Precision Patch Machine(YSM20)
- Precision: 30um
- Speed: 45000cph
- Patched Component Size: 01005~45*45mm
- PCB: 50*50~810*490MM
Selective Wave Soldering (Germany Ersa)
- ERSA Energy Saving, Little Tin Slag
- Don’t Need Fixture, High Efficiency, and High Quality (Defective Rate Lower Than 0.001%)
Small Batch PCB Assembly Test Equipment
JHYPCB has passed the ISO9001 quality management system certification; we will strictly follow the IPC-A-610E standard to control the production process and quality control.
All low-volume PCB assemblies undergo rigorous quality inspections and tests before shipping to ensure your PCBA is working correctly.
To this end, we are equipped with advanced and complete PCBA testing and inspection equipment, such as AOI, x-ray, etc.
X-ray Automatic BGA Inspection Machine
Optical AOI Inspection Machine
BGA Repair Machine
SMT Moisture-proof Cabinet
The Laser Stencil Cutting Machine
How to choose the low-volume PCB assembly manufacturer?
Choosing the proper manufacturer to handle PCB manufacturing and assembly for your needs is difficult. You want a supplier with skilled engineers dedicated to their work, and experts who know everything about PCB fabrication and assembly technology.
Here is a guideline that can help you in making the right choice:
- A professional manufacturer – a reliable PCB fabrication or assembly manufacturer won’t care whether you order 5 or 1000 boards. They will do everything to ensure the quality and your satisfaction and are willing to go the extra mile to make you a recurring client.
- Simplified process – the quote and order process should be simple, and you should be able to customize it easily.
- Customer support – a reliable manufacturer has to be there for you every step of the way until your order is finalized.
- Quick turnaround time – the best manufacturer out there will ensure that you get your boards as soon as possible.
JHYPCB is a reliable low volume PCB manufacturer with PCB Assembly Capability in china. We can handle low-volume PCB assembly, LED PCB Assembly, Through Hole PCB Assembly, SMT PCB Assembly, and quick-turn PCB prototype assembly. We can also provide satisfactory turnkey PCB assembly. You will get all your solutions to PCB and PCBA under a single roof. We can provide quick prototypes and assemblies within 24 hours. You can save 15-20% on PCB assembly costs by having your projects built at JHYPCB. We ensure quality, and we have an ISO 9001:2008 quality management system. Contact us for low-volume PCB assembly; we will provide you with a free quote. For more information, feel free to contact us.
Low Volume PCB Assembly FAQs
- New product prototype testing
- New product functional testing
- optimized design
- quick turnaround
- Easily spot any issues with the original design and repair them.
- DFM Checking
- DFT Checking
Yes, we offer quick-turn PCB prototype fabrication and assembly for your quick testing.
Yes, we are always ready to provide you with customized PCB assembly services
We provide 48 hour quick turnaround PCB assembly service. Of course, everything depends on the difficulty of PCB manufacturing, the speed of component procurement and other factors.
Yes, we can provide PCB assembly services in compliance with EU RoHS directive.
We have been committed to providing customers with low-cost, high-reliability, first-class quality PCB assembly services. Trust us; we are always looking for the most cost-effective way for our customers. We maintain excellent and long-term cooperation with suppliers and can source high-quality parts at competitive prices.
- The Main PCB Assembly process Steps You must Know
- Components Purchasing Services
- 10 Tips For PCB Assembly Manufacturing Design
- How To Clean The Solder Paste On SMT Stencil
- The Production Process and Specifications of PCB SMT stencil
- Solder Paste and Solder Paste Printing in SMT PCB Assembly
- What is the difference between SMT and SMD?
- X-Ray Inspection In PCB Assembly
- IPC Standards: A Guide to Standards for PCB Manufacturing and Assembly
- What is the difference between wave soldering and reflow soldering?
- How to Use PCB Stencil-Step by Step Guideline
- 30 Common SMT PCB Assembly Defects