Things Needed for Printed Circuit Board Assembly
Following electronics parts and consumables are needed for PCB assembly.
- Printed Circuit Board
- Electronic components
- Soldering materials including solder wire, solder paste, solder bar, solder preforms (depending on the type of soldering to be done)
- Soldering flux
- Soldering equipment including a soldering station, wave soldering machine, SMT equipment, inspection, and testing equipment, etc.
Once all of the above equipment, electronic parts, and all raw materials are arranged, it is time to start the printed circuit board assembly process.
1. PCB Manufacturing
PCB design & fabrication helps you with sophisticated PCB design and manufacturing, high accuracy, quality control. In general, your PCB prototype can be well served by us. PCB Assembly includes layout, fabrication, and assembly. We also have monthly abilities to offer 35,000 square meters PCB, 80 million points SMT, and introduce ICT, flying probe, AOI, X-ray, function test, burn-in test into the inspection phase. We can help you with a system of transforming natural resources, raw materials, and components into a finished product that is delivered to the end customer and strive to have the most optimized supply chain to make efficient and costs lower.
2. Screen Printing of Solder Paste onto PCB Board
Loctite solder pastePhysicochemical and process property of solder paste directly impact SMT soldering quality. Solder paste printing is applicable for placing appropriate amount solder paste onto PCB pads, to ensure good circuit connection between SMT components and PCB pads and their mechanical strength. Solder paste printing is a critical process of SMT. Metal template printing is conventionally applied so far. According to related statistics, 60%~70% quality problems are caused by solder paste printing in the premise of quality guarantee of components and printed circuit board. Requirements of solder paste printing:
- Place solder paste appropriately, evenly, and uniformly. Solder paste shape is precise, and neighbor shapes do not connect. Solder paste shape complies with that of the pad without any dislocation.
- In general, the unit area solder paste amount should be 0.8mg/mm2, particularly 0.5mg/mm2 for narrow-pitch components.
- After solder paste printing, the shape has no massive collapse, and edges are trim. The plate surface is not allowed to be contaminated by solder paste.
There is a large variety of solder paste with different alloy compositions, granularity, and viscosity, even for all from one manufacturer. How to choose appropriate solder paste profoundly impacts the product quality and cost. Now NOD Electronics is using Loctite lead-free solder paste. We have figured out the Loctite solder paste is reliable to ensure excellent product quality after process engineering test of its printability, demoulding, thixotropy, cohesiveness, wettability, welding spot defect, and residue.
3. Lead-free PCB Assembly
In light of environmental concerns and customer requests, we can offer lead-free PCB board assembly, which complies with RoHS standards. At upstream, we choose PCB laminates in compliance with RoHS standards for PCB manufacturing. Also, we use lead-free solder paste and related reflow/wave ovens. We strictly fulfill RoHS requirements in light of your local regulations and don`t want to make you into any trouble on this basis.
4. Burning Program and In-Circuit Test (ICT)
Our test engineers will check short circuit, voltage, current, signal transmission of PCB assembly boards according to your ICT test plan. A professional report will be handed up to you if for any detected problems. For batch order, we design exclusive test frames to fast the ICT test process. We are also well sophisticated with decoding and burning program for you. A related test frame will be built to ensure products work effectively according to your requirements.
- PCB Assembly Processing Capabilities
- PCB SMT Stencil Fabrication Capabilities