The birth and development of FPC and PCB have created this new product- Rigid-flex PCB board, Therefore, it is a printed circuit board, which combines an FPC( flexible printed circuit) with a rigid circuit board by pressing or laminating processes, and according to the relevant technical requirements to form a circuit board having FPC characteristics and PCB characteristics.
FPC Circuit Board Production
- cutting：Cut the flex PCB material (FCCL/cover film/pure rubber, etc.) into the PNL size we need for PCB processing.
- FPC lamination: Pressing the FPC board together with a certain temperature and pressure through a Bonding sheet to form an FPC layer stack.
- Blacking the hole: Through the black hole method, a layer of charged carbon powder is attached to the wall of the hole to realize the metallization of the hole wall for subsequent copper plating.
- FPC Board plating: To make the hole wall plate with a standard copper thickness to achieve electrical signal conduction between layers.
- FPC exposure: To achieve FPC graphic image transfer through the dry film/exposure principle.
- FPC etching: Acid etching is used to achieve the removal of the FPC pattern of the copper layer.
- Plasma degumming: mixing a certain proportion of gas in a vacuum chamber to achieve a vacuum plasma state to meet the purpose of soft board removal or film surface roughening.
Pressing or Lamination Process
- Stick covering film: protect the copper surface of the FPC board substrate and increase the folding resistance of the FPC board.
- Fast laminating: pressing the film at a high temperature for a short period of time, bonding the cover film to the copper surface of the FPC board substrate to enhance the viscosity of the cover film, and the FPC board.
- Browning: to roughen the surface of the copper through the chemical syrup to increase the bonding force between the FPC board and the rigid board.
- Pressing or laminating: bonding the FPC boards and the rigid boards together by high temperature and high pressure.
- Core board: through the UV laser to control the deep Core board, and the outer layer control depth to form the opening section, to achieve the opening design.
- Routing opening slot: through mechanical forming, form a closed path with the outer layer to achieve the opening design.
- Laser depth control: open the cover of the thin cover sheet by UV laser depth control.
- Mechanical control depth: through the mechanical control depth, the outer cover of the thick cover piece is realized.
The advantages of our factory to fabrication rigid-flex PCB boards
- More than 9 years of PCB manufacturing experience, with over 8 years of experience in Rigid-flex PCB production.
- Advanced CCD hot melt equipment and automated laminating equipment, Strong manufacturing process capability of laminating.
- LDI can produce printed circuit boards with 30/30um trace width & trace spacing, precise alignment accuracy.
- The plasma and browning process can increase the bonding between FPC and Rigid PCB boards.
- With UV cutting, we can deliver quickly.
- Unique technical advantages in the opening process.