What is SMT solder paste stencil?
SMT stencils are the medium you use to transfer that solder paste onto the PCB.
Stencils consist of a foil made of stainless steel that is laser cut to match the places where surface mount devices will go on the board. This process creates the stencil that tells the solder paste where to go on the PCB board. Once you have cut the stencil, you apply solder paste one time over the openings with a metal squeegee blade. You will then pull the stainless-steel foil away, leaving the solder paste perfectly placed on the board to receive your surface-mounted devices.
Recycling of SMT solder paste stencil
Both SMT stencil and laser stencil can be recycled. Recycling can significantly reduce the production costs of enterprises. SMT stencil and laser stencil will inevitably stick to solder paste during use. The solder paste needs to be cleaned before it can be used again.
Here I will introduce you to the cleaning method of SMT stencil.
- Before cleaning, you need to prepare wipe paper, dust-free cloth, cleaning agent spray can.
- Fill the small watering can with detergent.
- Then fix the SMT stencil and laser stencil on the SMT stencil frame and spray the cleaning agent evenly on the residual solder paste on the stencil.
- Finally, clean it with a dust-free cloth or wipe paper, and blow the laser stencil opening with an air compressor.
- SMT stencil and Laser stencil can be recycled. Recycling can significantly reduce the production costs of enterprises. SMT stencil will inevitably stick to solder paste during use. The solder paste needs to be cleaned before it can be used again.